Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes
yield: about 6 large pancakes
1 c. 2 tbsp. whole wheat flour
1 tbsp. light brown sugar
2 tbsp. applesauce
1 c. skim milk
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon (or to taste)
1 banana, mashed
2 tbsp. honey
1/4 c. pecans, chopped
1 banana, sliced
- Mix all ingredients except for sliced banana in a medium-sized bowl.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan at medium heat (or a regular frying pan coated in oil or cooking spray).
- Ladle on the batter, and while the first side is cooking, press some slices of banana into the pancake, then flip it over when ready.
- Top with fresh banana slices, and drizzle with honey or maple syrup.
I'm not a morning person at all...but these are a great and tasty way to wake up and get energized for a long day!
* Also, for anyone who cares...Roger Federer (my FAVORITE tennis player) won his match today against Robin Soderling (whom he also played/beat in the French Open final a little while ago) 6-4 7-6 7-6!!! My mom was nice enough to text this to me while I was at work since I had to leave just after the first set ended!