Friday, July 3, 2009

Low Fat Fudgy Brownie Turtle thingies!

Earlier this week I decided to try out a recipe for fat free blueberry coffee cake to use up some blueberries in my fridge and was very disappointed! I'm going to experiment a bit with the recipe and hopefully figure out a better version! Yesterday, though, I made Hungry Girl's low fat fudge, and thought it turned out pretty well! I changed up the recipe a bit (as usual)...so here it is:

Low Fat Turtle Fudge-Brownies

1 box ghiradelli's double chocolate brownie mix
2 c. canned pure pumpkin puree
2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tbsp. ghiradelli mocha hot chocolate mix
caramel sundae topping
1/2 c. pecans, chopped
  1. Preheat oven to 350F. Spray an 8x8" baking dish with cooking spray (or grease it).
  2. Mix together brownie mix, pumpkin puree, cocoa powder, and hot chocolate mix. Stir until well combined and pour into baking dish. Cook for 35 minutes.
  3. Take out of the oven and cool for about 30 minutes, then cover with aluminum foil and let chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
  4. Once it is cool, cover with a thin layer of caramel sundae topping, and sprinkle with chopped pecans.
These are kind of a cross between fudge and brownies, but I really like how they turned out! Later today I'm going to start preparing fourth of july desserts for tomorrow...I can't wait to see how they turn out!

I'm also really excited for the Williams sisters to play each other tomorrow in the Wimbledon women's final tomorrow and for Federer to play Roddick in the men's final on Sunday...I'll definitely be rooting for Venus and Roger!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment