Cranberry, Almond, White Chocolate, Oatmeal Cookies
yield: around 20 cookies
1/2 c. butter, softened
2/3 c. light brown sugar, packed
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/3 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. rolled oats
3/4 c. dried cranberries
1/3 c. slivered almonds
1/2 c. white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Cream butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla until smooth.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir into butter mixture.
- Stir in oats, cranberries, almonds, and chopped white chocolate.
- Mold dough into a log, wrap in clingfilm, and refrigerate dough 12-36 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Bake for roughly 10 minutes. Cool cookies on the pan for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
Notes: I experimented with chilling the dough for only 12 hrs., then chilling the rest for 36 hrs. and found that the cookies that were left to chill for 36 hrs. were denser and had a much better texture to them. Chilling the dough for longer also softened up the oats a bit, which I think yielded a better cookie!