Double Chocolate Cherry Cookies
yield: about 16 cookies
1 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1/4 c. butter
1/2 tbsp. ghiradelli mocha hot chocolate mix (or instant coffee)
1 1/2 tbsp. cocoa powder
just under 3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. semisweet chocolate, chopped into chunks
1/4 c. dried cherries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Melt unsweetened chocolate, butter, mocha, and 2 tbsp. semisweet chocolate in the microwave for 40 secs, stir, then for 15 secs more.
- Beat eggs and sugar in a bowl - stop when mixture is thick, creamy, and lemon-colored.
- Add chocolate mixture to the egg mixture.
- Sift flour and baking soda over liquid mixture. Add vanilla and cocoa powder, and mix until well-combined.
- Fold in semisweet chocolate chunks and dried cherries.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until tops are puffed and cracked.
These cookies are reeeeeeally rich and great for any dark chocolate lover! They are even better after the dough is refrigerated for 12-36 hours, as it yields a denser, fudgier cookie!